Swallowing?

gjensen

Does anyone else have swallowing trouble?

My swallowing is abnormal. "Frequent penetration. No Aspiration."

My swallowing motion has become awkward. I have no trouble once the food is on it's way in the esophagus.

Other than the abnormal motion starting out, mucus is my biggest issue. Out of all the doctors that I have seen, I cannot get anyone to understand what that is like. It gets thick, and the food gets caught up in it. It is not there until I start eating. The more I eat, the more of a hazard it becomes.

It is like an allergy issue, but I cannot be allergic to everything. LOL.

I have to figure this out, if I am going to get better.

Yes - I've never had a swallow test but, I do know that sometimes it is very difficult to swallow and food or pills seem to get "stuck" for awhile somewhere in my esophagus/throat region. I always cough a lot while I'm eating - I suspect I have borderline aspiration issues....I will deal with it when I absolutely cannot eat anymore - the neurologist said at that point, I would just have a feeding tube inserted......Baa Humbug!

I have a lot of trouble swallowing. I get choked on water, which isn't good because we need so much hydration! I haven't had a swallow test done, but it's probably in my future.

Yes - I've never had a swallow test but, I do know that sometimes it is very difficult to swallow and food or pills seem to get "stuck" for awhile somewhere in my esophagus/throat region. I always cough a lot while I'm eating - I suspect I have borderline aspiration issues....I will deal with it when I absolutely cannot eat anymore - the neurologist said at that point, I would just have a feeding tube inserted......Baa Humbug!

I hope that it never goes that far for you.

My manometry results came in today. They were normal. My esophagus is working the way it should (I tried to tell them that). It is the start of the swallow that is awkward. I could handle that inconvenience if I could make the mucus go away. I think.

I can't nor can anyone else make sense of that portion.

Is your swallowing difficulty high or low?

I have a lot of trouble swallowing. I get choked on water, which isn't good because we need so much hydration! I haven't had a swallow test done, but it's probably in my future.

That is part of my great hydration challenge. Swallowing and stomach emptying. I need to keep the calories coming in, and I only have so much room most days.