Onset With Chickenpox????

margiebee

So, something that I seem to have been overlooking hit me the other day.

I always say that the onset of my illness seems to have come around age 10. Before then I was pretty much fine. It definitely increased in severity with puberty, but I started noticing symptoms around age 10.

Then I realized recently, I had a HORRIBLE severe case of chickenpox around age 10. Like, in the hospital bad. I've heard of the whole viral onset thing, so I'm wondering if this may be the missing puzzle piece for me. Has anyone else experienced POTS being triggered by the chickenpox virus? This is especially interesting to me because I read that chickenpox lays dormant in the nerve tissue after you are infected, and it stays there for life.

I'm not exactly sure when my symptoms started but they started as a child and I did have the chickenpox badly as well along with severe strep throat at the same time! It was horrible. So, it is a possibility that they could have some connection though I cant be sure. Interesting! Does make me wonder!

• 2 weeks later...

My symptoms first appeared after a terrible case of scarlet fever at age 9. I often wonder if I had chicken pox at the same time because while niether myself nor my parents remember me ever having it, blood tests show that I have already had it. My grandmother has almost all the same symptoms as I although she remains undiagnosed, and two cousins on the same side also faint. So it almost seems as though I had a genetic predisposition to it and the scarlet fever set it off.