Viral Onset?

I think POTS is preceded by a viral illness in many patients which is where the whole "viral onset" concept began. Usually if they don't know the cause they refer to it as idiopathic rather than viral onset but every doc is different.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had Vasovagel Syncope---was told I would eventually grow out of it (still waiting for that), migrianes, kidney stones, and endometriosis since my teens. I was diagnosed with chronic leukopenia and anemia by my hematologist and given multiple infusions of iron, various meds and had a bone marrow done. I am gluten free (for almost a year now and it has not made a difference), GMO free (another wholistic suggestion), and uterus free (the anemia became too difficult to battle with a never ending menstral cycle). I was told I had a "retro-virus." Although my white counts remain abnormally low, I do not get ill. I think the few white cells I do have are super white cells. I always thought the POTS diagnosis was just the FINAL diagnosis---I thought it just explained everything I have been dealing with since youth all thrown together in one POT (so to speak). I am new to this site. Wish a couple of the doctors I have seen in the past would educate themselves regarding this disorder. I have been dismissed time and again by doctors that are considered the "top in their fields."