Pots Is A Syndrome Therefore No Work Accomodations

I asked my doctor if there was anything that she could do to help me at work, because it is so difficult to work five days a week. By Thursday, Friday I am absolutely exhausted. This is a blessing because it used to be everyday I was exhausted. She said that P.O.T.S. would not be recognized as a disability requiring accommodations because it is a syndrome. Does anyone have experience with trying to keep a job and managing P.O.T.s in the workplace? I know many of you know how I feel by mid-week. "I have to do this. If I don't I will loose my job, my health insurance, my home, yada, yada, yada. " Thank you

I wonder why people get long term disability and ultimately SSDI for POTS if it's only a syndrome then? Maybe if you can bring up all the other things that go along with POTS (like IBS, migraines, etc, etc) those would help?

I worked for a couple years with POTS before being put on medical leave and then ultimately losing my job. I didn't find that having a POTS diagnosis was treated any differently than any other one. Maybe having my notes from Mayo helped? Maybe your doc is just not wanting to do the paperwork to help you out.

I find that hard to believe as I was approved for short term disability, long term disability, and permanent extension of my employer funded life insurance based on my pots dx. Just because it is a syndrome, doesn't mean it isn't a diagnosis. My docs are very thorough in documenting all of my issues/symptoms and I think that has been the key to being approved for various types of work and disability related necessities.

I'm in the middle of fighting for disability myself, and from what I understand, it's not classified as pots as the reason for the disability, but the symptoms that are caused by it. Like a couple said here, it's classified as a heart condition, a neurological condition, etc.