Ladies

Does anyone get wayyyy worse during menstration? I am newly diagnosed but I have found that the last 2 times I started getting a lot worse the 2 days before, during and for the whole week after. It's like 2 weeks of pure misery and then my symptoms will start to improve (although not go away) I cannot take birth control neither to eliminate my menstration because of my cancer history.

There have been a lot of people on here mention this so I think it is pretty common for us to get worse with the hormone changes. I always have 2 weeks a month that my fatigue is way way worse than normal and just walking to the kitchen is near impossible. The 2 weeks are the week before and week of my cycle. So you are not alone. I cannot take BC pills either.

This topic has been written about several times on this forum, so doing a search may also give you a great deal of information. I was definitely worse and any birth control containing estrogen to control the problem made me worse. I receive Depo Provera shots to resolve the issue. It works for me but I'm 38 and don't intend on having children, so it doesn't interfere with any life plans.

Yep! I get worse before my periods- probably due to hormones, and after my periods- probably due to anemia. So basically, periods are just no good for me. Unfortunately, seeing as I seem to be sensitive to hormones, stopping my periods with BC also doesn't seem to be a good option for me. BC pills ramp up my symptoms significantly.

I've seen a very precise pattern at this point. Worse immediately before and after, and much better usually about midway through my cycle (so like a week or two after my period). I'm the "sensitive" type, so it makes sense that my body would be sensitive to its own hormones I suppose.