Recommendation For A Bp Monitor

Momof3boys

I have an Omron BP760 arm monitor. I frequently get the error code E5 which means clothing is interfering with the arm cuff. Problem is I always make sure there is never any clothing under the arm cuff. The lowest systolic it seems to register is 85, and I know my systolic goes below that, I think regularly. My guess is the machine thinks a BP below that is too low, so it assumes there is a sleeve in the way. I could not find low end parameters listed in the manual.

What brand and model works well for those of you who run low?

I have an Omron too, Mine is an M7. I mostly use it while on my exercise bike. It does err now and then but I've been told it errs because of movement. I had numbers under 85 (and under 80) systolic. Could your arm cuff be too loose? May be call/email Omron's service desk?

I have an OMRON 791IT. I can plug it into the computer and email blood pressure readings to cardiologist. I've had it for 2 years and no problems yet. My son has had blood pressures as low as 84/58 and heart rates of 50 and below. His blood pressures tend to run low, so I have to keep a close watch on them.

Rachel

I've actually found the most accurate way is also one of the least expensive: I use a manual cuff with a stethoscope to listen for the bp myself. It's very easy.

I have the same Omron monitor and after about 6 months started having the same problem with the error message. Or sometimes it just wouldn't inflate all the way. So I called the company and they told me to mail it in for repair...a couple of weeks later I got a brand new one back, free of charge. If yours is still under warranty you may want to try that.

I've actually found the most accurate way is also one of the least expensive: I use a manual cuff with a stethoscope to listen for the bp myself. It's very easy.

I need to do this. I have omron and it gives me a general idea- but often is inaccurate. I spike high blood pressures and have used my digital to make medication decisions and "should I go to the hospital?" decisions. With a digital I tend to not "believe" the readings until I've had several high readings in a row.

My son does not have pots but has blood pressure issues. His pediatric nephrologist suggested that I learn to take his manually. He emphasized that even the best digital monitors are not as accurate as the "real deal". Not getting a reading is scary- as are very high readings.

I'm thinking of "you tubing" how to do it manually. :D

I use a manual cuff as well. Got tired of getting error code after error code because my pulse pressures were too low and the machine wouldn't accept it so went back to a manual cuff about 3 years ago.

Recently however even the manual cuff is starting to make me wonder if I'm really as weird as it says. LOL My left and right arm are sometimes exactly the same (or very close) as they should be but sometimes are wildly different. For example, right arm was 128/90 and left was 100/80. At the time my left hand was cold and numb feeling and right was warm so maybe that accounts for the difference. Too weird though!

I use a manual cuff as well. Got tired of getting error code after error code because my pulse pressures were too low and the machine wouldn't accept it so went back to a manual cuff about 3 years ago.

Recently however even the manual cuff is starting to make me wonder if I'm really as weird as it says. LOL My left and right arm are sometimes exactly the same (or very close) as they should be but sometimes are wildly different. For example, right arm was 128/90 and left was 100/80. At the time my left hand was cold and numb feeling and right was warm so maybe that accounts for the difference. Too weird though!

I don't know why but this difference occurs for me as well. I once was in a local hospital that wanted to get out of. They wouldn't release me because of my blood pressure- I asked them to take my Bp in my left arm- I got released.

The good thing about the manual numbers is that doctors believe you. I recently have had bradycardia during the day (heart rate of 40 upright). My blood pressure was very high- I ended up in the hospital but when I called to ask what to do- one doctor told me that it was the machine. It actually wasn't but digitals seem to be error prone.

Makes me think of those ear thermometers I had when my kids were babies. They were sometimes right but the old-fashioned glass kind was reliable. :D