Ssi Disability Ranting

Becia

You read the title, you've been warned, lol...

I need to get this off my chest. I had it file for disability a couple months ago a part of a requirement for me to get food stamps because I can't work right now. In the timespan of me filing to now, I've gone downhill drastically, and am now on a wait list for Toledo and Dr Grubbs office, I've been hospitalized twice, and now I'm having seizures which may or may not be related to my dysautonmia,and can't walk five feet without passing out.

We all know with POTS, we get denied fairly easy, but it's the symptoms that will deem us disabled. I haven't been looking forward to seeing a denial, but today, it was in the mail. I have a lawyer on file for my case already, which is good, I suppose, but it still makes me really upset to see that people who have not talked to me, have only seen two reports from my hospital stays, deem me okay to work, as long as I'm not commercial driving or working in unprotected heights. Never mind I am wheelchair bound, still pass out numerous times a day, must keep feet propped up to avoid blood pooling, and I honestly can't tell you the last time I managed a shower because I knock myself out more times than a quarterback gets sacked in the big game.

I'm having an EEG done tomorrow, and a MRI done the next day. I now get to fill out more paperwork for the lawyer, fill out a appeal, pray my power of attorney can help me do all this mess, because I've done passed out double digits amounts today, and I cannot stay focused. I'm really really scared by how things have been going for me.

I need to take a shower. But I'm scared to, because right now, the world is so Potsie, I can't even see straight. But yeah. Rant over. We all have parts of our dysautonmia that we detest and abhor... This is currently mine.

My dad always says the worst they can do is say no, they can't bite or eat you. But the wounds hurt. That part bites.

Becia, I so understand, and I'm sure lots of us do. I was denied the first time as well, was told I could work as a mail men when I couldn't walk for 50 meters. I got myself a lawyer and in the end "won" my case (though it felt like loosing my career and future).

I'm glad you already got a lawyer, that will definitely be helpful. Sending good thoughts your way, know that you're not alone

PM me.

You need to read the entire Social Security website, and personally (or get somebody trusted, other than disability determination services) collect ALL of your medical records that have anything to do with your disability, from the beginning of the impairment. You need your doctors to write letters in support of your application for disability, specifically mentioning "recurrent arrhythmias" with syncope or pre-syncope. A tilt table test and/or holter monitoring often meets the criteria.

Syncope and near-syncope on a TTT, in combination with "recurrent arrhythmias" is automatically eligible for SSI/SSDI, or Social Security Disability, because you would meet Blue Book criteria. Make sure your doctors write letters supporting the Blue Book impairments that you have, before you apply for disability.

From the Blue Book:

http://www.socialsec...-Adult.htm#4_05

4.05 Recurrent arrhythmias, not related to reversible causes, such as electrolyte abnormalities or digitalis glycoside or antiarrhythmic drug toxicity, resulting in uncontrolled (see 4.00A3f), recurrent (see 4.00A3c) episodes of cardiac syncope or near syncope (see 4.00F3b), despite prescribed treatment (see 4.00B3 if there is no prescribed treatment), and documented by resting or ambulatory (Holter) electrocardiography, or by other appropriate medically acceptable testing, coincident with the occurrence of syncope or near syncope (see 4.00F3c).

3. How do we evaluate arrhythmias using 4.05?

a. We will use 4.05 when you have arrhythmias that are not fully controlled by medication, an implanted pacemaker, or an implanted cardiac defibrillator and you have uncontrolled recurrent episodes of syncope or near syncope. If your arrhythmias are controlled, we will evaluate your underlying heart disease using the appropriate listing. For other considerations when we evaluate arrhythmias in the presence of an implanted cardiac defibrillator, see 4.00F4.

b. We consider near syncope to be a period of altered consciousness, since syncope is a loss of consciousness or a faint. It is not merely a feeling of light-headedness, momentary weakness, or dizziness.

c. For purposes of 4.05, there must be a documented association between the syncope or near syncope and the recurrent arrhythmia. The recurrent arrhythmia, not some other cardiac or non-cardiac disorder, must be established as the cause of the associated symptom. This documentation of the association between the symptoms and the arrhythmia may come from the usual diagnostic methods, including Holter monitoring (also called ambulatory electrocardiography) and tilt-table testing with a concurrent ECG. Although an arrhythmia may be a coincidental finding on an ETT, we will not purchase an ETT to document the presence of a cardiac arrhythmia.

*** ETT is exercise tolerance test