Severe pain near belly button

Hi everyone,

The discussion on this stuff running in families has made me think. My sister has also been very sick for over a year. She has unpredictable tachycardia that no doctor has taken seriously. But her most persistant symptom is severe pain in her stomach - right near her belly button - especially after she eats.

She's had numerous tests - even for very rare causes. She's lost a lot of weight and was on a pic line for nutrition for awhile. Now she keeps it under control with heavy pain meds.

Has anyone else hear of this or experienced this with Dysautonomia? Just wondering...

Thanks

Roselover

hi Roselover,

My sister..28 years old...has been suffering for many years with gastro stuff, has undegone many tests and has yet to be treated succeesfully, or even given a real diagnosis. Recently she had been experiencing chest pain and the ekg showed T-waves--abnormal. Being that she was not having a heart attack at the time (and maybe because she's a young female, hate to say it but it's probably true that if she was a man she would have been admitted to the hostpital immediately) they don't know what to make of it. She has not yet explored whether she has POTS. I have reason to believe that also my mom should be tested...The thought for now is too scary for them because they see what I am dealing with. I think that if someone has persistant gastro stuff plus heart stuff, it's worth checking out, especially with a family history.

On another note, I think you mentioned that your husband is a minister, I'm the wife of a rabbi, how do you deal with the constant social situations? Are you up to entertaining?

Ariella

I have had the pain around my belly button after eating for a long time. I was diagnosed with Gastric dymotility. Has your sister been evaluated for that. I know of many with delayed gastric emptying who are on TPN. Fortunately mine is mild.

I would think it would very hard to be a wife of a rabbi/minister with all of the social demands. I feel for you.

Take care, Dawn A