Chiropractic Care, Anyone?

SarahA33

Hi everyone,

Wanted to reach out and see if anyone has tried chiropractic adjustments for their dysautonomia. I'm receiving adjustments twice a week for my migraines but haven't actually noticed an affect on BP & HR. It says specifically which region to manipulate in small article I found below so I'm going to have the chiropractor start to adjust that also.

Any feedback is appreciated.

-Sarah

Sparked my interest:

http://www.parkbenchchiropractic.com/articles/Sympathetic%20vs%20Parasympathetic.pdf

I have also seen a chiropractor, mostly for migraines as well, and had no relief other than my back didn't hurt anymore. I stopped seeing him, however, because my insurance benefits lapsed for them for the year. If it starts to help when you have your chiro adjust the areas mentioned in the article, please let me know! I'd be interested in knowing!

-Sea Llama

I have never had chiropractic work but have tried acupuncture by an MD who understood POTS. I did not see any change with acupuncture but to be fair I also couldn't have it done as often as recommended (leaving the house is very hard for me). So I will be interested to hear how this goes for you!

Fainting Goat,

Before you stopped treatments, did you notice a difference in your migraines? I've been having adjustments 2-3 times a week and am still suffering. I have noticed a big difference with the muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders though. Sorry that you had to discontinue so quickly.

Kara,

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. It sounds like you have been through a lot. How long have you been diagnosed with pots for now?

Sarah,

Your lucky to work there and get treatment! I imagine some days are pretty rough for you to make it to work or stay there, are they understanding of your condition? I'd love to work again. I've had symptoms since I was young but mostly started affecting daily life in high school (12-13yrs ago) and finally diagnosed in 2007 when it got disabling. Even went to Mayo in 2008, they confirmed it all (and Rochester is a looong way from Texas lol). I now have some new challenges to add to it all so Life stays interesting ;)

Wow that is really lucky Sarah! When I was going there I did not really notice a change in my migraines sadly. But I'm not sure if I would have had I been able to keep going. But I also agree that it could just be because the Migraines might not be a primary issue. Now that I've been diagnosed, I'm fairly certain that mine are part of the pots, or in some way related to it.

P.S not sure why I signed my post Sea Llama, lol. I use that as an internet handle in another place. Silly Brain Fog!

Take Care,

Fainting Goat

Sarah,

I used to go to chiropractor before this all started. I had a bad neck and scoliosis so I would go a couple times a week. Sometimes I have wondered if this contributed to my problems, a few months prior I suffered a pulled nerve in my left arm from my neck adjustment (it happened right after an adjustment). . After I got really bad a neurologist told me to never let anyone adjust my neck again because it is too dangerous with my issues. She did say if I choose to have my back adjusted to just be careful. Since it hadn't helped me in the beginning of all this stuff, I have chosen to stop it.

I loved going prior to all this it really helped my back and neck pain. I think it all depends on the person and the doctor.

good luck just be careful with the neck area there are so many blood vessels and nerves in there.

Chiro.. Has been great!! I never had faith in them and didn't want anyone to crack my neck. I finally went in desperation, she was honest and said I'm not sure I can help you. I didn't want her to crack my body, she used an instrument that is like a small rubber hammer, she hammered the base of my skull and I am telling you what.......miracle. I go back when migraines start and it always fixes me for a month or so. No more daily headaches!