Anyone had Florinef LOWER bp?!!!

I suspect most of you will think I'm nuts. But maybe POTS is playing funny tricks with all of us.

I started taking Florinef about 10 days ago to raise my blood pressure. I started slow, so I'm not taking much, but it almost seems like my bp is lower after I take the drug, not higher! Shorly after I woke up today, for instance, my bp was 94/54, and now it's 88/50. It may not seem like much of a difference, as bp varies a lot. But normally my bp goes up a little during the day, not down (except at night), and I noticed this weird pattern for a few days. Could it be just a fluke or have to do with hormones and/or a minor cold I have, or does Florinef sometimes not work or work the wrong way? I dont' particularly care to take an extra drug like this if it doesn't help.

BTW, I posted separately about my aldesterone working in weird ways, too (it's too high instead of too low, but my blood pressure is too low, not high as you'd expect with a high aldesterone). All this makes me wonder if my body is not so out of whack that nothing works the way it's supposed to.

Monica

I suspect most of you will think I'm nuts. But maybe POTS is playing funny tricks with all of us.

I started taking Florinef about 10 days ago to raise my blood pressure. I started slow, so I'm not taking much, but it almost seems like my bp is lower after I take the drug, not higher! Shorly after I woke up today, for instance, my bp was 94/54, and now it's 88/50. It may not seem like much of a difference, as bp varies a lot. But normally my bp goes up a little during the day, not down (except at night), and I noticed this weird pattern for a few days. Could it be just a fluke or have to do with hormones and/or a minor cold I have, or does Florinef sometimes not work or work the wrong way? I dont' particularly care to take an extra drug like this if it doesn't help.

BTW, I posted separately about my aldesterone working in weird ways, too (it's too high instead of too low, but my blood pressure is too low, not high as you'd expect with a high aldesterone). All this makes me wonder if my body is not so out of whack that nothing works the way it's supposed to.

Monica

I have been on florinef for a month and I have noticed the bottom number of my bp is lower when lying down but the top number is pretty much the same. I was wondering if when florinef works if your blood pressure stays up . I have had just a few spikes of say around 155/115. I have felt a little better when the bp is up that high and my pulse goes lower but it does not last long and I return to my normal bp.

Monica