Spect Scan (Brain)

thegron

Hey,

So I'm now thinking of getting a brain SPECT scan. Has anyone else gotten one before? If so, can you tell me a little about it and if you do not mind, the results too?

The reason why I want one is because my brain fog symptoms seem to be correlated with some mild chronic cerebral hypoperfusion (the brain isn't getting enough blood). I feel fairly confident that the scan will show something and it would be nice to have some evidence...

At this point, only one physician believes that I have this condition. He is a general doc at my school but is sort of a pseudoexpert on POTS because his wife has a SEVERE treatment-resistant case.

Thanks,

Thegron

• 2 weeks later...

I have had spect scan. It shown a mild pattern of global hypoperfusion (SP?) according to the report. It was fairly easy test. I actually thought it was easier then a MRI because you did not have to get put in a tube. It was just sensors that whirled around my head. Unfortunately I am not sure having those results have done much to help much with making me feel better. It is helpful to know the possible cause of my brain fog (my worst symptom).