Nighttime/sleep Episodes Increasing

Anoj

I have something somewhat similar (yet different). My stats do change during one of these episodes. Since I have a pacemaker, I feel more at ease about it. However, my doctor suggested I play around with my bed positions. Being a stomach sleeper, this was not an exciting plan. However, after several new positions and adjustments, I found that the blood was pooling in my legs while I was sleeping and causing me to be quite symptomatic. I started slightly propping my feet up a bit (and head up a touch, as well, which is already recommended for pots sufferers). The first night of doing this, it stopped. It's not 100% gone, but the worst of the symptoms are so much more bearable. I didn't even know this could happen while completely postural, but apparently, it can! It's worth a try sine it's a 'free' and easy alternative to yet more meds! :)

Good luck!

My Son#2 started this in High School though it got worse in college, it went away for a few years and then returned at age 25. He actually began by waking drenched and in a near panic attack, but sometimes it even went into a full convulsion and even at times into a seizure and it was corrected by a low dose of toprol xl and a low dose of dylantin. He has EDS (H) NCS/POTS. It has been noticed that sometimes his feet were purple during this event. it normally took 2 IV's to get him to come out of it. The room temp. if high seems to be a factor.

a sleep study was done and it was shown he had no sleep issues other than a infrequent Hypopnia event