Weird Little Tip That's Helping Me

Akgirl

So my husband has discovered a HUGE help for me for tachycardia and preventing fainting and just general bad pots spells. He can always tell when I am doing bad because he said I am like a hour glass and all the blood drains from my face and lips. Along with this my feet, nose and usually my hands get really cold as well. Also depending how long I let things spiral down I usually begin to breathe different. He has observed all of this as signs that I am entering tachycardia and need to sit/lay down rest, drink, salt, meds, ect ect ect but last week we went to a restaurant and I was doing very bad and had to lay down on the hostess bench because I was fainting coming back from the restroom. I had woken back up and I was on my back and he took my legs and put them straight up in the air. He said he literally watched the color pour back to my face!! I I defiantly felt better and felt my heart rate go down and headache reside and energy come back!!! Since then I have done this when I start to feel not good. I no it sounds weird!! But I lay down on my back and whoever I am with literally holds my feet straight up in the air!! I have gone out into the public a couple of times and both times ended up on my back with feet in the air. But you know what, I didn't faint or go home and crash!!! Yes I was tired and shaky and sick but much better than normal!! its like I am giving my poor brain a blast of o2!!!

LOL. I remember trying to do this after my first TTT when my BP had disappeared. The nurses thought I was crazy, but finally one of them unstrapped my legs so I could do it, saying to the other "she lives with this all the time, she probably knows instinctively what will help make her feel better." Luckily I don't faint (even with a disappearing BP) so I haven't had to resort to doing this maneuver in public.

Glad you've found something that helps. :)

Guest Hanice

You're right, thats a great trick! And you're lucky to have such a wonderful guy! :-) I love how you said that he has observed you and knows so much about your condition. Thanks for sharing that trick, I will remember this post everytime I feel crappy :-) ._// (thats gonna be me< lol) or ._|| lol

I've been doing that for years and it works! Funniest place was in front of a restaurant (people eating and watching me) lying on the pavement with my legs up on the hood of our car. It then started raining so my hubby held up an umbrella to keep me dry. He's the best!!! Don't mind what others (may or may not) think, just keep yourself safe!

Good for you. I have heard of this before but wondered if it actually helped. Good information to know.