ProAmatine

nicole

Hi everyone. I am so glad I found this website. Michelle, thank you for answering my email so quick. It gave me the courage to start my medicine. I just had a few questions: I started on proamatine today 5mg 3x day my pressure was pretty steady at between 102-105/59-72 with a pulse of 69 to 91 before proamatine my pressure would be 80/60 with pulses between 90-150. My question is do these numbers look good? Should I still be doing extra salt. I am kinda lost.

My doctor is a cardiologist he just said to take the medicine (10mg 3x day) and see him in two weeks. He is a great doctor he is the one who said I did not have SVT's that I have pots and to go on-line and do research. My primary does not even know what pots is, I live in Jupiter and I am looking for a doctor who has knowledge about pots. Thank you for listening.

Nicole

Hi Nichole,

It sounds like proamatine is raising your blood pressure, which is the objective. Do you feel better?

Here is an article discussing the new blood pressure guidelines:

http://12.42.224.153/HealthNews/Reuters/Ne...y0514200323.htm

Your doctor probably has an idea of where he wants you to be -blood pressure wise-, so ask him about continuing salt the next time you see him.

Hope you are feeling better! :D

Michelle