Feeling Bad

Freaked

I have hyper POTS and I'm in xanax withdrawal. Had to go to hospital yesterday for recurrent chest pains. Can barely eat. Can barely sleep. I shake and sweat and heave. My hr is often around 100 resting; went up to 150 yesterday when I was freaking out. Get skipped beats and sudden hard or soft beats. I feel very bad and I worry about how much my body can take.

Anyone else been in such a state?

It gets better- I'm sorry that you are going through this. I also have hyper pots. I stopped klonopin after several years of taking it. It does get better. If you can ride it out you shouldn't be in danger. It JUST feels very dangerous.

As a side note I'm much better off of these types of drugs. I thought they helped me at first but I never want to take them again. They interfere with short term memory and can increase dizziness.

Hang in there! Kayjay is right. Coming off some of these medications can cause many unusual symptoms to occur in your body. Rest and keep yourself hydrated. It will soon pass but probably not quick enough for you.

Freaked,

I'm really sorry you're dealing with withdrawal on top of your POTS. I weaned myself off klonopin at the end of last year after 18 mo of benzo use (was on ativan before k). I've definitely been where you are and like kayjay said it does get better. It feels dangerous as your body is trying to readjust to the non-benzo state but it's only temporary. By all means go see a dr or consider your local ER if you feel like things are out of control though.

Unless you're already familiar with it look up "the Ashton Manual"- it's a sort of benzo withdrawal bible and it can help you put your mind at ease.

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk to someone. I'm here for you; we're here for you.

Take it easy and take good care of yourself.

Alex

Thanks for the replies everyone. Well I ended up in hospital again. This time I cried and begged for any kind of help but they just told me to start on fludrocortisone (a doc told me not to cos of a kidney infection), gave me one xanax and sent me home. They said they'd leave a message for the mental health team i'm supposedly seeing but that was the day before yesterday and so far nothing. I hate this - before my POTS symptoms started i'd never had any kind of emotional problems. Anyway, between starting on the florinef and being in withdrawal, I'm keeping a close eye on my blood pressure (the diastolic can be pretty high for some reason).

Guest Hanice

Oh Freaked.... I just want to give you a big virtual hug ! I can relate to this feeling. When all pots symptoms started for me, I was always crying to my doctors. Including my TMC doctor and cardiologist! I would tell them things like, please help me, I just had two babies and I'm scared I'm gonna die!

Its not a mental problem, its a normal reaction to a sane person that wants to be healthy. It would be WEIRD to not react in such a way, to a disease that feels like you're gonna die everyday. ♥((((Hugs))))♥