Anti Ganglionic Acetylcholine Receptor Antibody Quest Code?

davecom

Dave,

I think your best bet is to call Quest and ask them for the codes, or maybe your dr's office can do that for you.

To my knowledge there are only a handful of labs that perform that test, and I believe most labs are actually sending the blood elsewhere (like at Mayo) for the test.

Best of luck.

Alex

I had mine done a few years ago and at that time, there were only 2 labs in the US that performed this specialized test plus a few others related. Mayo is one of the labs and if you ever think you may need to go to Mayo for treatment, you best have the test performed through them. They do not "recognize" the other lab that performs the test - and will make you repeat it through their lab. Vanderbilt also uses the lab through Mayo. I don't know the name of the other lab - it's been too long ago and my memory is ka-putz.

Mayo is the only commercial lab that is credible. One of the labs, on the east coast, does not list your antibody level, so the test is virtually useless. (I know a person who cannot get proper treatment due to not having the antibody levels from the test at this particular lab. This individual also lives in an area with fewer neurologists.) The third option is Dr. Stephen Vernino's laboratory, but that is not a commercial lab and would be difficult to go through insurance.

The blood is drawn at Quest, and sent to Mayo. Google "autoimmune dysautonomia panel" and this will be the first hit. Print out the whole page and give it to the person drawing your blood for reference. The CPT code is needed for reimbursement through your insurance, which is on the fees tab.