Has Anyone Used Chamomile Or Rosemary Oil For Inflammation Problems?

My son's scalp pain is worse. I have been reading up on chamomile and rosemary oil. Does anybody use these oils? Can they be used by themselves or do they need to be mixed with a carrier oil? Please share your experiences.

I haven't used these specific oils, but I am into using essential oils. Essentials are very concentrated so a carrier oil is a good idea. To give you an idea of how concentrated... it takes about five pounds of leaved to make one ounce of oil. How many drops you should use will vary based on the essential oil and what you are using it for, so I'd suggest doing some searching.

My favorite carrier oils are sweet almond and grape seed. I also like coconut oil. It being solid at room temperature and melting upon skin contact makes it nice for topical use. You will need to melt coconut oil to add essential oil to it. Don't add the essential oil until after heating the coconut oil and only heat it enough to make it liquid.

He has a headache that will not go away. He has had a brain and spinal mri with dye contrast. Everything checked out ok. He does have an itchy scalp and cannot hardly stand to wash his hair. Any suggestions?

Guest maia

lavender, ginger, licorice, caffeine, lots of water to help flush the system out? call the doc to make sure its not a serious reaction happening? dont wash hair for now? question marks because im not giving advice, just mentioning things i would try in this situation... borax in the tub and soak in it will wash hair. Ive done that a bunch when im just too weak to wash it. couple drops of lavender in the tub might be nice and relaxing too? burdock and dandelion to flush out the contrast and make him pee?

I haven't b/c i'm allergic to ragweed, and chamomile is a relative. However, I have used tumeric, which I make into my own capsules. I get the ground tumeric at my local indian/pakistani grocery--a pound costs me under 10$, whereas getting tumeric capsules at the local health food store are very pricey--20$ for a 100 or so. The active ingredient is Curcumin

There is some evidence out there that curcumin has anti inflamatory properties:

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/complementaryandalternativemedicine/herbsvitaminsandminerals/turmeric