Ectopic Pregnancy And Methotrexate

Ash

Hello Everyone, it has been a couple months since I have been on here. Some of you may remember my Clomid post from back in April. Well the Clomid made me extremely sick with messing with my hormones and so I've had a hard time functioning let alone get on the computer. And then finally three weeks ago we got a positive pregnancy test and all of those extra symptoms I was having were suddenly all worth it. That was until I started spotting last week, which at first the doctor didn't think much of it at first as it is semi common in normal pregnancies well after having my blood hCG levels drawn every other day for a week and them coming in rising very slowly and even dropping by a point until it rose again it was finally determined on Tuesday after not being able to find anything in my uterus. And then with a combination of not being able to find my right ovary on the ultrasound twice (still haven't found it) and having some pain on the right side the doctor decided that the pregnancy was ectopic and the best thing to do for my safety would be to have a shot of methotrexate. Since having the shot Tuesday afternoon I feel like I've been hit with a really bad flu and I am wondering if anyone has ever had this shot with pots and if so how did it affect your symptoms and how long did it last? I am really nervous about feeling even worse (if its possible) and would really appreciate any suggestions anyone has. I know the biggest thing with this shot is that it depletes your folate and I am nervous I guess how it will affect me as my immune system doesn't seem to be the best compared to most women that get this shot for ectopic pregnancy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you :) I will also be going back in Saturday and Tuesday to make sure the hcg levels are falling correctly, if they are not then I will get a second shot of methotrexate. The doctor did also warn me that even with the shot 1 in 10 still end up with surgery which I am praying I can avoid.

I don't have experience with this. I just wanted to say I am so sorry you are going through this on top of everything else.

I don't have any experience with this either. However, a good friend of mine had an ectopic pregnancy a few years ago. It was scary and it was very hard emotionally. I am sorry you are not feeling well, as well. Be gentle with yourself. Hopefully someone with experience can communicate with you. You might look for another forum that deals with this topic.

Thank you both of you for your support. Momtogiuliana- I have posted on a pregnancy board about the ectopic portion but haven't found anyone that has had the methotrexate shot and pots. However, that isn't my only concern now. I ended up with internal bleeding Saturday and emergency surgery. The 30 min procedure took over 2 hours. The doctor has never seen what he saw in me (of course my body just cant be "normal" once in my life) it seems maybe 10 plus years ago my tube must have twisted around an adhesion left from having my appendix removed when I was 3 (which makes sense, as I was in the hospital for a week with severe pain when I was 13 with what they thought was a twisted adhesion/bowel) but it must have been my fallipion tube, but it was twisted and knotted, my right ovary was just a streak of scar tissue, and then everything was "glued" to my uretha, the two major blood vessels in my pelvic area and my uterus so he cleaned out a lot. Now, he is thinking that maybe the ectopic is in my left side, because the right side was so bad, but we won't know for sure until the pathology report comes back. So now I get to deal with all the "fun" extras that happen when you have PoTS and surgery. I was in the hospital for 3 days and 2 nights, but sadly wish I was still there, as sitting at home by myself feeling this bad is a little scary.