Another Post Got Me Thinking...

I just read a post about feeling feverish which has led me to wondering about a rather odd symptom/affect of my dys.

Since 2010 when it all started I have not really been sick except for one brief bout of the stomach flu. No colds, fevers, congestion, fever blisters etc... I was a public middle school teacher before I had to leave due to dys, I was sick at least once every year. I have mentioned this to my doctors saying I can't seem to even run a fever and they always say well that is something good...but it is nothing like the way my body acted before. Thoughts???

Angelloz

I am right there with you. Since the onset of my POTS /MCAS /eds symptoms, I have not been "sick" once in 6 1/2 years. I get the same reaction you do...."be thankful, you don't need anything else." But, I find it strange that with all the doctor's offices I go to and how many sick people I'm exposed to, I haven't gotten a cold. I used to get them all the time. My immune system checks out OK on paper but I definitely think there is some mystery there.

My experience is similar.

I have low white blood cell count, particularly lymphocytes. It would seem like I should be sick all the time because of it. But I never get sick with a cold, flu, etc.-- it's been at least 10 years since I can remember being sick in that way.

Wow..thanks to all who shared! We all notice things that seem so unimportant during doctor visits. Again, I wish we could all have one afternoon with a panel of doctors listening to some of these issues. Maybe hearing group similarities would make an impression...or get the wheels turning!

I'm the same... during the worst of this POTs flare in 2012 I went months without a fever blister; of which I used to be triggered by stress or lack of sleep. And definitely in a flare I was both. I haven't had a cold/virus since this entire flare started and I had low C3 complement test which I interpreted as having a lowered immune system. I would think I might be more susceptible. The only thing I can think of is my nutritional habits might be saving me....I'm a pretty clean eater with the exception of a little chocolate and my occasional weekend beers!!