Long Length Compression Hose?

Hi -

First, I'm new so hello everyone. :)

Second, I've been considering compression hose or tights, but I'm tall and always have a hard time finding long enough tights & hosiery. Can anyone please recommend a brand that works well for a fairly long inseam? I thought about trying the Juzo footless ones, but they are lower compression and if they are a short fit, they might be pretty binding at the calf, I'd think?

I am pretty much mid range in weight for my height, which is 5'9", inseam is 32 or 33" for comparison. Thanks to Florinef, I may soon be overweight for my height, though. That stuff is unkind!! :rolleyes:

Thanks so much -

Michelle

Welcome to the forum. I agree with you about the fludrocortisone. My son take 2 mg everyday and I think it may be causing other problems as well. Diabeticgonewild posted something yesterday on compression clothing. My son is very tall, so I understand your problem. I have not purchased anything for him. He is 5'10''. He will be seeing his cardiologist this week and I was going to see if insurance picks up on this.

Hi and welcome! I'm 5'9 as well and I have some Jobst full length toed stockings that I ordered on Amazon and they fit me well. They're women's small so I don't think they necessarily get longer with size. They seem very stretchy, I imagine they'd fit even fit someone a few inches taller.

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum. I have found it tremendously helpful : )

I am 5'9 and a bit and on florinef as well....lol. And I have had some not so lovely weight gain on it. I have purchased jobst, median, and another brand of compression stocking and honestly I find Allegro the best for the price.

I think the Site is britelifedirect.com if that's not it Google Allegro brand compression I get the 30-40mmg toeless stockings for like 35.00$.

Good luck : )

Oh, great! Thanks for all the brand recommendations. :) I also appreciate the commiseration about Florinef! Ugggggh.

Pretty soon my jeans will be tight enough to provide all my compression needs. Maybe that's the basic mechanism of Florinef. :lol:

Cupcake, what size of Allegros did you buy? Tall? X-Tall? That seems like a good brand to trial with, since they are not as $$$$.

I am 5'9" and I use the Mediven Plus 40-50 mmHg. However, they ripped near the crotch and now there is a run so I am never going to use a Mediven product again. Next time, I am also going with 30-40 mmHg as 40-50 mmHg gets painful for me after extended wear.

For hose fitting guides go to compressionguru.com

I read in a post from guest_tearose (search for "tearose") that fitting hose is not like fitting shoes. If you gain a few pounds in water weight you may need to switch compression levels or sizes.

There is no allegro brand compression hose that is 30-40 mmHg.

I use compressionsale.com because they are cheap but the service is not that good. They take days for them to ship.

I am sure hose is covered by my insurance. Next time I am getting Juzo brand 30-40 mmHg. I heard these are the most comfortable.

I may also try to get custom fitted hose in that brand. But due to durability issues it may be a waste.

Otherwise, I plan on getting cheap hose from now on, if not reimbursed by insurance. Both pairs I have have rips near the crotch.

Hi bear : )

I ordered x-tall, and one tall. Both fit fine. I should have clarified in my last post (sorry diabeticgonewild) The 30-40mmg have toes.

The 20-30mmg have toeless ones.

I figure because I have to wear them everyday all day, I couldn't afford sigvaris or jobst, and they didn't dry fast enough to wear them daily. So....I buy 1 expensive pair that my insurance covers and buy 3 cheaper ones and I am covered fir the week.

Great, thanks for the info CupCake and DGW! That makes me confident about ordering a pair.

I know I used to feel good when I wore running tights (when I was running), so I am hoping it's kind of like that feeling - legs feeling more energized and less heavy.

Ugh, I hadn't thought about needing several pairs. I can see how that would be a must in warm weather, though!