Insomnia?

Since upping my dose of Zoloft to 25mg(I started with 1/4 tablet since I'm usually pretty sensitive to this stuff) I've had quite a bit of trouble getting to sleep. I go to bed at 10:00 and I toss and turn and can't get comfortable. Sometimes I can half fall asleep - where I'm almost dreaming, but I'm still awake. But I generally can't fall asleep until 2-3 in the morning.

Does anyone here take Zoloft? Were you able to get any relief from this?

Not Zoloft, but I've had chronic insomnia off-and-on for years. I recently switched back to Citalopram and the insomnia came back with a vengeance. For me, the only thing that seems to help is Benadryl, for some reason - even prescription sleep pills don't help me.

My problem is usually not falling asleep, but staying asleep. I wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning and can't get back to sleep even though I'm exhausted. The down side to taking Benadryl for me is that I feel kind of foggy all day, but I still function better than when I've gone a week with very little sleep.

Insomnia is the worst. It's cruel to be fatigued all of the time and not be able to sleep.

Natural Options I've Used

• I took Melatonin 3mg for awhile, but it can effect blood pressure and it was messing with my already low pressure. It was worth the try because it was natural.
  • I continue to try and not look at any bright screens 2-3 hours before bedtime. It messes with the brains sleep-wake cycle.
  • I avoid caffeine after noon.
  • I take a warm bath before bed.

Prescriptions I've Used

• For awhile, I needed Xanax to get to sleep because my insomnia was due to anxiety. Now my insomnia is, like yours, the result of medications (Adderall).
  • Prior to Xanax, the doctor tried Klonopin. It didn't agree with me. I cried all of the time for the littlest things (like not being able to find my other shoe :wacko: )
  • Ativan seemed to energize me rather than sedate me.
  • The winner: I take Ambien. I am prescribed 10mg, but usually just take 3mg-5mg. It doesn't knock me out, and doesn't always work, but if I am sleepy, it makes it easier to drift off and stay asleep.