Extreme Fatigue After Eating

• 8 years later...

Hi Kris4444,

I have the exact same symptoms as you & have been diagnosed with dysautonomia, POTS & MCAS. 
I suffer from severe drowsiness & dizziness after eating & recently in ER, my glucose also elevated. 😕 Also have probs with high BP & tachycardia & irregular heartbeat & suffer fr severe GI issues & unable to eat normal meals, which has contributed to the chronic fatigue & weakness.

I also get lightheaded, dizzy & pass out if I stand too quickly. 
I’ve been put on a high salt diet for POTS, but due to the increase levels in glucose, I’m also following a similar diet meant for diabetics, mainly low carb diet to avoid elevated glucose levels. Also I’m not allowed to eat high histamine foods. 😕

Trying to focus on proper diet & nutrition with a nurse practitioner/nutritionist along with regular low-impact exercises as prescribed by cardiologist.

If there are any other treatments that you or anyone else u know have found to be helpful to manage POTS, dysautonomia or MCAS, would appreciate sharing your thoughts.

Thanks! 🙏 

Jeanny 

On 5/13/2013 at 7:47 PM, Guest wishing&hoping said:

I not only get sleepy after eating, I also have noticed that it brings on flushing and sweating to the point where I have to stop eating!! Doesn't matter what I eat; although carbs are definitely worse. Anyone else have this? I have to take a nap after eating!!!

I get the flushed face as well & been trying to figure out which food products are causing the flushing 😕 BUT overall, had to eliminate carbs altogether due to increased glucose levels & now I mimic a diet similar to someone who has diabetes just to keep the glucose level under control & not spiked 😕