Back Home, With A Question

I am home :) I had 5 bags of fluids. Am on antibiotics too because I also have a UTI that I didn't know I had.

But.... here's my situation/question. When I sleep, I know my heart slows WAY down. I've had that happen before on monitors and in previous hospital stays. First night in, the nurse wakes me up and asks me if it's normal for me to drop into the 50s. I said yes, told her that I have gone into the 40s and on occasion the uppers 30s. Last night I dropped to 38bpm. They assure me that it's "normal" however, I am not so sure. I am always tired, I am always fatigued, I never feel rested when I wake up. I don't snore, I don't have apnea, my oxygen levels are ok when they check my vitals, but my heart rate is just so slow when I start getting tired and then in sleep.

My EKG was abnormal again today- it said marked sinus bradycardia with sinus arrhythmias, incomplete right bundle branch block; my 1st EKG Friday from the ER had the same thing but I had tachycardia with arrhythmias and also changes in my S and T waves and then those resolved and on the next EKG in the ER was sinus rhythm, but still with the incomplete right bundle branch block. I've seen the bundle branch block thing before and I want to know what it means and if I am having arrhythmias what I need to do about it. I've also had changes in my S and T waves, and never had a reason for those either. It was after a bout of bad intestinal bug, and my stress test was normal, so they didn't investigate further.

I am convinced that part of the reason I'm so darn tired is that my heart is too slow at night and I'm not getting enough of what I need to feel "rested" I am calling my Mayo cardiologist tomorrow and getting an appointment ASAP.

Thoughts?

Hiya. My heart is similar at night. I have a pacemaker so they can see when my heart rate drops. I often have rate drop episodes during the night and my pacemaker will go off. It wakes me up, but I find it weirdly comforting. I can't say I feel less fatigued for having the pacemaker pace me up but it is reassuring. Hope you find some answers music lover! It's rotten feeling so tired first thing in the morning, every morning.

Thanks Rachel. I imagine if your pacer is waking you up that's probably just as interrupting to your sleep as not having it! I sleep through the night, once I fall asleep which is why it just stinks to wake up so stinking tired!!!

I see my cardiologist on Friday. Will update then!