Anyway To Change User Name?

imre

Hi Imre,

A forum administrator is able to change a username. This isn't something we do regularly unless necessary. Because we have so many members, we don't change usernames if someone wants a new name just for fun. However, if there is a good reason for the name change, then it is something we can do.

For example, we have changed names in the past if there was a concern about too much identifying information in a username. Please be aware, though, that if we change a username, the username history can be seen in the member's profile. If privacy or security has become an issue, the best course of action may be to delete a member account and create a new one.

If you believe that you need a new username or a new account, you can send me a PM to discuss it.

Thanks,

Rachel

Seattle, that is a good idea!

I never noticed your writing at the bottom, I think it's funny, I can definitely relate to the entire thing.

I don't know if you can say on here but what is your forum that you run, if you don't mind me asking? just curious if it was a health related one.

• 1 month later...

Guess what! I discovered a feature that now allows us to give members the ability to change their own screen name! You may now change your screen name up to two times. This will not change your log in name. That will remain the same. It will only change the name that is displayed on the forum.

To change your username, please go into your settings. You can find your settings by clicking on your name in the black navigation bar that is at the top of the forum pages. Click on "My Settings." Next click on "Display Name." There you can type in the new display name that you want.

Please note that your old display name will still be available on your profile under "display name history." This is something that even an administrator can't change. If you ever need to change your display name for security purposes, please contact a forum administrator. We can help you delete your account and create a new one if need be.