Back Burn And Heartburning, Any Else Get This?

Started after I took a shower on Friday and then took a nap. I woke up with it. After the nap it got progressively worse. I don't have any indigestion with it at all so it doesn't feel like acid. But just as a preventative I stated taking Protonix (ppi), zantac and occasionally maalox (calcium carbonate w/ gas-x). I also made a slippery elm and Marshmellow root tea last night. It really making me weak and which in turn is making my breathing worse. It's not causing asthma at all, I'm sure. I stopped eating tomatoes and some other acidic foods.. I made split pea soup last night, ehich just made me a little gassy.. I also took Tylenol because the burning was just so uncomfortable I didnt get to sleep until 9am this morning... With all the meds still hasnt gotten much better, so I wanted to see if anyone had experience with this...?

This sounds like what my mom would experience when she was having a gall bladder attack...burning pain in front and back. Also, she says she was kind of crampy feeling at the bottom of her right rib cage in front and back. Eating fatty foods and nuts and seeds are foods that can particularly exaserbate this if it is gall bladder issues. She had her's removed laproscopically and she is much better.

Hi Rich,

I'm not clear if this is digestive or not. Are you running a fever ?

If you think this is acid, you could try sipping 8 oz of room temp or warm water with a 1/4 - 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar or 1/4 - 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice to see if it helps. This should take 30 - 60 minutes. You may need more ACV or lemon but that works for me.

I'm concerned that the pain kept you awake all night. The last time this happened to me I had a serious kidney infection. The pain started out near my appendix but travelled up to my right kidney overnight. You may need to see a doctor asap to get this evaluated. Just be careful if you get flouroquinolones / antibiotics. I'm still not walking normally.

Also, one of my kidney stones caused referred pain to the left of my belly button when it was actually stuck right below the kidney. So knowing the cause isn't always straight forward.

The easiest to digest foods are typically bland chicken, peas, asparagus, peeled apples or applesauce and white rice.

hope you feel better soon ... D

Thanks! I don't have a cramping feeling at the bottom of the rib cage. The pain is mostly towards my back now almost exactly behind my left should blade but slightly toward the center but not on the spine. I took my temperature at my worst on Friday and it was low. Under my tongue it was 95.1, under my left armpit it was 96 and under my right armpit it was 97... The weakness is what is mostly making my breathing worse. Last night I didnt get to sleep until 10am and woke up 5pm. It was a very light sleep because one of the neighbors is building something and banging all day. Still taking Protonix, and zantac...