Exploding Head Syndrome?????

Akgirl

I have had a gradual onset of pots and dysautonomia since I was very young. But in the last 6 months it has really kicked into high gear and I have gotten sicker and sicker. With all of my other symptoms I also developed exploding head syndrome...... Yes it's a real thing!!!!! I thought I was developing a severe mental condition but found out that it is very benign and there's not a whole lot of information out there about it! I was curios if anyone else has this and if possibly it's related to pots????

Hi Akgirl, I have had this happen several times since developing POTS. I assume it's caused from stress. (From reading about it) All I know is its darn scary when it happens. Sometimes I even get this bright flash of light. I thought our house got struck by lightening once. My husband hates it because I'll wake him up from, my jerking awake and thinking something bad has happened. I have never taken my pulse when it happens, but I can tell you it feels like heart is going to pound out of my chest.