Dr. Fouad Is Still Practicing

songcanary

So I've been waiting months to see Dr. Jaeger because I had been told that he was taking over Dr. Fouad's patients as she had retired.

Two days ago I got a call from her secretary saying that if I still wanted to see Dr. Fouad to please contact her. So I called her yesterday and she offered me a same day appt!

When I got there, the nurse explained that Dr. Fouad is just not taking new patients, and central scheduling doesn't know what's going on and I should call the office directly when I need an appt. To be honest, I think a lot of people don't know what's going on LOL.

So anyway, I saw the doctor and she was as nice as could be and I am still on a low dose of Florinef for now with the option of weaning in the fall.

Have a great day everyone!

Marsha

I am so glad to hear that. She is lovely. And Dr. J was already overloaded so I had been wondering how they were managing. Some of their testing there is outstanding (ie: Hemodynamic lab) and well worth it if you can navigate the path to the right tests. CC is great for diagnostics and helping to give guidance to local docs on appropriate treatments.

Even before she stopped seeing new pts scheduling was a bit challenging. I had to call several times to clarify what I needed to get scheduled during my visit. Since then I've realized this is a problem with other facilities as well- CC is not alone. This is why we have to be diligent as our own patient advocates and check, double check and triple check appointments, lists of questions for docs and medical records.

Thanks for posting.

Oh yeah! That's great news! Always nice when you have an established relationship with a doctor you like not to have to change. And being able to get in the same day. Wow! :)

Yes, that's part of the reason I was relieved. I didn't want to have to tell my entire saga yet again to a new doctor. Plus, I do like her and we've established a nice rapport.

The nurse also said she spends quite a bit of time on research and it's nice to know she's chipping away at trying to help us all.