Calling Mito Patients- Coq10?

roxie

My dr has been starting his POTS patients on high doses of coq10 and at my appointment yesterday he told me to give it a try. He said I could get any kind but as in looking at I see not all coq10 is created equal and I want to get the most beneficial kind.

I know that coq10 is one of the first thing for mito and that Dr Grubb gives it to his mito patients. What brand has been recommended?

I use Doctor's Best Ubiquinol. I get it online and it is much cheaper than any HF store.

Ubiquinol is supposedly more bioavailable than Ubiquinone (both are forms of CQ10).

Life Extension supposedly has good brands as well.

What dose is he suggesting. I take 100 mg a day, and am thinking of going up to 300 mg per day for a trial for migraine prevention.

Good luck.

it does give me energy. I take it in late afternoon when I start crashing. I started taking naturemade brand, 100 mg but the past 2 months I have been taking Qunol brand ultra COq10 100 mg 1x per day (it was on a major sale!). it is ubiquinone USP grade and I didn't know till just know but has 150 IU vitamin E (500% daily value). it says 300% better absortion pharmaceutical grade. I did notice more jittery feeling when I first started switched brands, so I am sure it is more powerful but I am now used to it now and just notice an increase in energy.