Chest Pains With A Twist (Literally!)

I feel like I'm taking up a lot of air time today, but this post will be short.

Has anyone ever had chest pains that became so strong they felt as if someone was wringing out their heart and caused your hands to get cold and clammy at the same time? This happened to me this past Thursday and I'm wondering if it's a POTS thing (I now tend to chalk everything up to dysautonomia when it can be something else).

Thanks!

I had something similar to this when my Lyme doc tried to put me on a turmeric supplement for my inflammation. The third night I took it, I woke up to a gripping pain (like someone was was squeezing my heart AZ hard as they could) and I was clammy and shivering. I don't know specifically what my hands were like. I didn't take it for a week and then tried the supplement again. Third might it happene again. It was the closest I had ever come to asking to be taken to the ER. I would have but I couldn't get up to get to the other bedroom and get my roommate to take me because the pain had me double over. By the time I could walk the whole episode was over so I didn't go. This was before I had ever even heard of POTS. It was clearly related to the turmeric. I don't really have any idea what exactly was happening but it was scary and is what I imagine a heart attack feels like. There's definitely a part of me that still thinks I should have gone to the hospital but I've had all the important cardiac tests since then and my heart is healthy.

I know I should have. I had sworn off docs right at that time because I was angry (the last doc I had seen was an Endocrinologist that asked me how long it had been since I had a boyfriend ...needless to say that implication did not sit well with me). But, I agree that I was foolish and hard headed at the time.