Compression Socks Made Things Worse?

Statix

Hey everyone, hope all is well. As I am still trying to figure out what has been causing my tachy with standing, I noticed I had blood pooling issues, so I ordered some compression socks (30-40 knee-high). Once I put them on, I sat down for a while with my feet up and watched some TV. Once I decided to stand up to see if they were working, I went to check my BP/HR. My BP was high, like 150s/100s, and my HR increased up to 147 before I decided to sit down. I also broke out in a sweat. I think some of this was anxiety of seeing my BP so high, but this was the highest my HR has been since the first day I noticed my tachy a little over a month ago. I still have yet to get to the doctor, and I know I need to go, but for now, I was wondering if any of you had any input? Thanks.

Statix,

I have no answers for you, but can tell you I had the same reaction to them. I ordered them and when they came in they made me come to the store to try them on. As soon as I put them on I felt different and then when I stood up, I felt terrible, but not in the legs, but in the upper body, I knew my blood pressure had gone up.

Sure enough, my bp had gone up to about 150/95 and heart rate was up to 125. I took them off and by the time I was home it had started to go down, to about 135/90 and later that day it was down to more normal. But the next day, my one leg continually hurt me when I was not keeping it up.

I asked my doctor about the reaction to this and she couldn't explain it. She felt that they could still help. Insurance didn't cover them and I wasn't spending $150.00 to feel worse.

Now one woman who has many dysautonomia problems told me, that this reaction for hyper pots is typical. That compression socks do not help them.

I guess we just have to keep trying things, it must be dependent on why we have whatever we have. Maybe we don't have low blood volulme, but some high chemical problem?