Standing/supine Ne Consistency

roxie

I've noticed a bunch of people have had their standing & supine NE tested more than once and has varying results. Sometimes normal, sometimes high.

Does anyone know of HyperPots always reads high? Or does it just show that even they can have normal NE times? Or is it that emerging theory that there is actually three subtypes of

Pots- partial dysautonomic, hyper, & then the secondary hyper or hyper-overlap ?

This does bother me. After I got my first NE results, the Dr. thought they were very significant - interesting enough that a well known autonomic research facility had me send a DNA sample through saliva to check for NET deficiency (I think that's what it's called). Those results were negative. But on repeat testing I didn't get nearly the high levels of standing NE that I did the first time. And if I recall correctly I think I did the test a third time with unimpressive results. So what does it all mean? I don't think the POTS researchers even know for sure and more research is needed into HyperPots (and POTS in general) before they can start drawing all sorts of conclusions. I think for a result to be valid it should be reproducible.