Bronchitis And Chills

Darlene

does bronchitis cause chills? i went to the hospital in the night, they did a lung xray and said i have bronchitis. i am taking cipro. i am sooo cold, i am shaking like i am standing outside in zero degree weather. is there anything i can do to keep warm. and my body hurts all over. they checked me for the influenza and it as negative. 1st time i had that done... they stuck a q tip up my nose and it touch the back of my throat. defiantly worse then a catheter.

Yes, it definitely can, especially if you have chills. Sounds like your lungs are clear though, so that's a good sign! In my experience, the full body symptoms usually only last a couple of days and you're just left with a nasty cough.

To stay warm: wrap up in blankets, use a heating pad, hot water bottle, microwavable neck pillow. Drink warm liquids - tea, broth, whatever you can stomach - you need a LOT of liquids when you have bronchitis, especially if you have a fever. Watch your temperature and make sure you don't get too hot while you're trying to stay warm.

Did they give you an inhaler at the ER? I have mild asthma and use my inhaler during bronchitis - sometimes it can really help your breathing and relieve the fatigue.

So sorry you're feeling so bad, hope it passes quickly!

not from my personal experience, but yes to the burning lungs, the difficulty breathing, the body aches (muscles and joints) cough, stuffy nose. It's probably best to see your dr, maybe the symbicort is not enough and you need an antibiotic for the bronchitis.

keep us posted, and I hope you feel better soon

Alex

i am taking cipro. the dr. gave me a breathing machine. i have only done one treatment so far, havent really noticed any improvement yet. they did give me prednisone, but afraid to take it. i had high cortisol levels once in the past... not sure how it is now, but was thinking if its still high this med probably wouldnt be good. but i dont really know.

• 2 weeks later...

This time last year I have the worst pneumonia, if u do a search on here u can read about it. My pneumonia started with the biggest full body chills I ever had. Knocked the heck out of me and I was stuck in bed until after the weekend because I didnt want to go to the ER. Finally by Tuesday they saw the pneumonia. The doc wanted to only give me a zpack for 10-14 days but I insisted on getting tamiflu too. Sometimes its bacterial sometimes viral. Well it worked but my lungs were on fire for 1-2 weeks at least. But my fever cleared up. And pots breathing problems is the worst for me. Also I got vit C, drank fresh lemon water, took olive leaf extract and low dose of zinc all day long...