Why Cant I Get My Pulse Pressure To Widen Out??

k&ajsmom

Hi everyone,

I have been salt loading because my bp is dragging bottom again. It keeps wanting to sit at 74/60ish and I feel like rubbish cause my hr is sitting at like 155 standing without exertion.

So after 3 days salting ridiculously, its still sitting around the same, sometimes higher like 94/80...which looks better but why is the systolic so low campared to diastolic. I feel just as crumby and cant figure out why the two numbers are settling farther apart even with rising.

Any ideas what causes this. I get narrow pp alot but it comes and goes, now its seems to be here to stay and Im worried its because of my heart functionting poorly. ( Had a stress test and echo in oct due to high cpk mbs, but things have gonna a little wonky with arythmias since) Ive been feeling a lot worse lately and even some old symptoms that eased up have come back, ie; chest pressure, twitching in my chest, nausea and OMG the anxiety!!! lol anyways thx for any wisdom u could spare...=)

ps.. could lack of exercise cause low syst. high dias.?

My question too. I have narrow PP and high diastolic pressure (like 100/89) all the time.

For me, taking a benzo helps a little and lowers more the diastolic, so it gets more like 100/70, which feels a lot better. But I would not suggest doing that, as we are all so different and your BP might actually crash from it.