How Long Before You Started Noticing A Difference?

trice125

How long before you started noticing a difference with salt loading and/or Mestinon? I started salt loading with drinking 1 liter of Gatorade a day along with adding more salt into my diet 2 weeks ago. I also started taking 60mg of Mestinon once a day last Monday and will increase it each week until I get to 60mg three times a day. This is all new to me though so I'm interested in others experiences with these treatments and how long it normally takes to see a difference with them.

Mestinon worked for me almost instantaneously. I have a hard time tolerating the side effects though. Plus I'm on propranolol as well and the combo drops my HR to 40's at times - my dr isn't concerned with the numbers, but I don't feel comfortable with such a low rate.

Salt loading didn't work well for me. The florinef + salt combo made me hypertensive.

You might try some searches for mestinon and/or salt loading on the forum. These topics have been extensively discussed here in the past.

Good luck finding the right treatment for you.

Alex