What About A Mediterranean Diet ---High Fat Vs. Low Fat ---What Does It Do To Us?

issie

I found a video on the Mediterranean diet and some statistics that this type "diet" can bring. Interesting what a high fat diet does to blood flow. It's not that long ---but, very interesting.

Since I'm on a very low fat diet and whole food vegan diet - it will be interesting to see what time brings.

Issie

Issie- I've been wondering how you're doing with the gastrocrom(?) and the new diet. Any improvement?

Abby

Yes, lots of improvements. Some very subtle. I'm keeping the thread where I told about what I'm doing up to date on my improvements. (New Doctor, New Ideas) I'm extemely happy with the progress so far. It will be very interesting to see what a few more months will do for me.

Issie

I watched him on pbs he is good. I'm going a special diet I did back in 2006 that healed me. I poor tons of olive oil on my salads. Organic and unfiltered and add some coconut oil and grape seed oil too :)

Ha! Rich ----you didn't watch the video! The exact opposite of what he says. And the exact opposite of what I'm doing - except for the veggies.

Issie

The low fat thing - has very little to do with what type of POTS I have ----I'm not thinking that fat has a whole lot of influence over our blood pressure - unless it clogs our veins up and causes heart disease and a stroke. :) Video is pretty interesting. What we thought was healthy may not be.

Issie

Hi issie,

I didn't watch the video yet, ;), but I just wanted to quickly comment that one thing they typically
leave out when discussing the mediterranean diet is the yogurt, typically homemade, these people
eat with lunch and dinner. I'm not sure what other fermented foods they eat.

Fwiw, I cooked like this for several years in my late teens and early 20's. I didn't know it at the time but I'm a DQ2, gluten intolerant, so of course this diet didn't help me. I was hyper and moody at the same time. I can only
imagine what eating all that wheat did to me.

I've recently backed of most oils, esp when cooking, and my digestion is better. But for full disclosue,
I'm also on Creon for low elastace, my gallbladder is mia and I'm a celiac. I was eating a lot of these successfully
from 2008-2011 tho. Maybe h pylori and parasites damaged my gut last year so that's why I can't handle these now. Heck if I know.

Tc .. D

Dairy is one thing my doc does NOT want me to do. Any thing from an animal is a NO. So, no problems there. Dairy is one thing that if there are autoimmune issues - you are usually told to avoid. I'm also to stay away from wheat and gluten. The arginine in wheat is why my doc thinks people have a reaction to wheat - even if not celiac. For some reason arginine affects adversely those with the protozoa that I have.

Issie