How To Email Dr Grubb? Pregnancy Glucocorticoids Caused Pots?

joyagh

I developed hyper-POTS 4 years ago at 4 months pregnant after having the flu. I am wondering if the corticotrophin-releasing hormones (CRH) released by the placenta during pregnancy that increases maternal cortisol/adrenaline could cause hyperadrenergic POTS in a pregnant woman if they don't make any or enough of the CRH binding proteins that render the glucocorticoids inactive. I wanted to ask this of Dr Grubb via email but don't know how to contact him.

Does anyone know a contact email for him, or have any other info about the possible scenario above?

http://www.parentingscience.com/Stress-hormones-during-pregnancy.html

Interesting - a surge of hormones causing onset. I suspect that this would also apply to those of us who had onsets during other stressful times in life, including post-viral and massive stress triggers. It could explain the gender bias, too.

It is interesting that it also seems to keep coming back to steroid levels. Just as on the exercise thread, modulation or adjustment of these levels helps symptoms greatly, but left to their own devices they return to a dysregulated state again.

Interesting - a surge of hormones causing onset. I suspect that this would also apply to those of us who had onsets during other stressful times in life, including post-viral and massive stress triggers. It could explain the gender bias, too.

It is interesting that it also seems to keep coming back to steroid levels. Just as on the exercise thread, modulation or adjustment of these levels helps symptoms greatly, but left to their own devices they return to a dysregulated state again.

yes, I would imagine you'd have to be genetically predisposed to the NET dysfunction to be affected by the CRH from the placenta, but who knows! I just emailed Dr Grubb, so we'll see!

I have had low cortisol in my life time and had to use cortef a couple of times. One doctor, after my complete hysterectomy (at a young age) figured out the connection between estrogen and mood and the connection to cortisol. He told me to take estrodiol estrogen and everything would improve. It did! I took a compounded form until I had issues with my liver and there is a connection with liver function and estrogen or sex hormone assimilation and detoxification (P450 pathway issues). At that time, I was told to stop all hormones ---but, I got the very low dose estrogen - estriol. It has actually worked better for me with less issues of hot flashes and mood swings. It has balanced me out far better then the one with estridol in it. I also use Red Clover and that has been a life saver. No more hot flashes.

Now, I've asked guys (Several of them) if they have had the ratio between estrogen and testosterone checked. I think there is a connection with estrogen here. If there is an estrogen dominance problem or if there is too low estrogen ----could be an issue for both males and females. Since there is a definite connection between estrogen and cortisol ----having the hormone levels in balance- should help.

Also, did you notice that high cortisol increases oxygen? Maybe those surges that we get ---if they are cortisol increases are there to try to give our bodies more oxygen. I have recently gone back to using oxygen with my CPAP. I've done this for two nights now. Not only have I slept a whole lot better ---but, have woken up feeling pretty amazing. I know that we are not getting enough oxygen to our brains. They know there is a dysfunction with that above heart level. If and when I have a POTS episode in the day - I intend to go put on my oxygen for about 30 minutes and see if that makes a difference. I'll let you guys know.

Issie