Trying To Restart Exercise Program After Flu

looneymom

Just wants some advice. My son has had the flu and the day it started, he was not able to stand up and walk around as he normally would. He is able to sit up in the wheel chair and to stand long enough to make a transfer. His fever is gone but he has a terrible cough. When is it safe to try to start doing some basic sitting exercises, like leg raises or arm curls. I know if you stress the body too much it can cause more problems. He still has one more day of tamiflu. Having flu on top of POTS is the pits! I am anxious to see him start walking again. Is it unsual for someone not to be able to walk for awhile after they have had such an illness? I assume this is an symptom of POTS . For those of you that have been dealing with POTS for a while and have be able to stay on an exercise, Do you have less trouble with POTS symptoms when you body does become ill?

Well, I am no where near as knowledgeable as most others on here because I am just learning about this disorder. However, my latest onset of symptoms came during or directly after the flu. That was in early in December and I am still symptomatic. Was the tamiflu a 5 or 10 day dose? Usually, if they are giving it to you to TREAT flu as opposed to PREVENTION of flu it's just a 5 day dose. If that's the case, and he's only about 5 days out, then I would say give him a couple more days before you try to much. Again though, I am very new here, so not sure if that's the best thing to do.