Recipe Ideas For Histamine Sensitivity With Gluten-Free

Allotmenteer

Gonna try a low-histamine diet for a while, which will need to be gluten-free too cos of GI problems. Spent the afternoon googling and found some very mixed messages. Avocado is out, but here's a yummy avocado recipe, for instance. All teas are out, OR herbal teas are in. No wonder I am confused. Anyone found a decent source of recipes? Don't want to spend money on a book if it's only temporary. UK recipes preferred, but any source welcomed.

This is such a helpful forum, thanks all for advice from my other postings.

• 1 year later...

We are having the same problem right now. From the AllergyUK site, it states at the bottom that the information is conflicting because everyone has a different tolerance. They suggest slowly re-introducing foods to keep the diet from being too restrictive. We are working off of a list we printed out that seemed comprehensive and matched up with most sites.

Right now, I am eating a lot of the same foods over and over, and it is depressing. On the bright side, it has alleviated my GI symptoms and it doesn't take much to tell me that something is a trigger. The real trick is being careful to only try one new thing at a time.

I am eating sweet potatoes, coconut milk and flour, brussel sprouts, chickpeas, kale, carrots with tops (I don't eat those) to be sure they aren't old or monocultured, eggs, almond milk, butter, and nuts, butter from the frig (the kind on the counter makes me sick), chicken, beef, and pork as soon as they are cooked (no leftovers which makes it hard for me on low energy days!), sugar, peanut butter, greenish bananas, apples, pears, and grapefruit.

My husband make me biscuits using coconut and almond flour from a paleo recipe he had. I can give you that if you like. I also make a chickpea pancake from half a can of chickpeas, mashed with one egg. Just mix them up well and cook.

We bought a juicer to go with our VItaMix to give me some more options. You'll notice there are no grains on my list, and while meats are on the list, I haven't been eating them very much.

Hope that helps a bit. I am seeing an allergist next week and I really hope they know their stuff and can help!