How Has Salt Loading Helped You?

LMG

I have played around with my salt loading for a long while. I know I have to have it but can't tell what level is best.

I currently measure out a tsp in the am and distribute it in water/gatorade/food throughout the day. I guess that is about 2500 mg of sodium.

Some of you seem to take a lot more. Do you notice benefits within a day or so?

Anyone see any negatives? I can guess GI symptoms, but does in increase headaches, fatigue etc? Or does it help with OI?

Do you take it all day long and into the evening? I usually stop about 3 pm but maybe it would help to have it at bedtime too??

Just wondering....I take florinef too.

My son takes about 8 grams a day. He takes midodrine and florinef.. He takes midodrine 3 times a day, so he always takes 2 grams with each dose. Then we spread the rest of the salt throughout the day. He drinks 2 liters of water plus gatoraide. His blood pressure is stable but sometimes we have to give an extra thermotab after exercise because his blood pressure goes down. His last dose of meds. is at 8pm because he goes to bed around 9:30 pm. If your stomach gets upset try the buffered salt like thermotabs. My son takes these between meal times. At one time , he suffered from a never ending headache but after he got his iron and D levels up, the headache is gone. To fine the levels my son needed, we had to take blood pressure and play around with the salt levels too. Hope this helps.

Looneymom,

thank you so much for all the info!!!

I will start to check my bp and see the correlation. Does it go up fairly close to the time you take the salt or is there a few hours delay or a one day delay?

My D is low and my NP suggested tanning since D seems to disagree with me. Headaches are frequent and I can't tell if florinef makes them worse. You have given me some good ideas. So he takes salt in the evening..is it stimulating or does it effect sleep?