New Year! Update

jkoconne

Hi all,

Tomorrow is a new year and ive very egger to start it! As many of you know I've been batteling this illness for years but have only had a diagnosis since Aug.

Since Aug Ive made many life changes. Continued to be GF, Drinking 90oz daily, Intake of 10g salt daily, working out a min of 5 days a week. All of these things have seemed to help! A few weeks ago I went back to the doc and got prescribed 2.5mg twice daily of midodrine. Its worked wonders! My brain fog is so much better and my legs are not nearly as swollen. I even need new shoes becasue my feet arent so big/swollen!

After the new med helped so much I decided to try yoga again and I made it through the whole class with minimal symptoms! :)Its been years since I could that, Im so exctied I get to add it back into my workout routine!

I could look back on last year and come up with so many things I couldnt do/attened or the number of hosipital visits becasue of my POTS. Trust me, there are plenty but I'd rather look at all I did do. This year I achieved a healthy weight, I successfully took 4 classes in a semester, I workout, I got a diagnosis and ive made changes to my lifestyle to get better. I like to value these things more than things I couldnt do. Im thankful I still have the ability to reach my goals just by altering them slightly. All of thoes things I couldnt do a year ago. Im not sure what changed. I do know having a diagnosis did lift my spirits! :)

Im looking forward to entering 2013 with a diagnosis and the motivation to do what i need to get better! This journey is filled with ups and downs and crazy twists. I want to stay thankful for the things that keep me going and let me keep living this life! Even if its not what I had visioned, planed or expected.

This fourm has given me a sense of community and made me feel like Im not alone. For so long I did, espically when so many doctors/people were telling me it was in my head. I want to thank all of you for your support, encouragement and knowledge through my journey!!

I wish the best for all of you in this coming year! :)

Wishing you continued improvement in the coming year! It is so nice to feel halfway decent. When I started having more good days than bad I thought hey, what the heck is going on? Then I realized that feeling well might finally be my new normal, imagine that! I'm still cautious but so very grateful.