Licorice Root

Jennij

You can buy licorice extract and dissolve it in water. I bought mine at Whole Foods, but they have it on amazon too. You can also buy licorice tea. It's delicious!

I tried it for a while, but it didn't really do much for me. Once I started florinef I read that you shouldn't take it with licorice since they have similar effects, so I stopped it.

I just read back through old posts on this and it seems to vary as to what form of licorice people have tried....liquid, capsule, tea, lollies. Any thoughts on which is most effective or is it up to what I tolerate/experience personally? One naturopathic doc said its not something he would rx to me since my cortisol levels are relatively normal. He's not aware of my low blood volume/pooling issues however. I was prescribed Florinef but didn't tolerate well so I'd like to try licorice to see.

Stash has a licorice spice tea that I find pleasantly sweet. I've never had the traditional medicinals one so I can't compare.

I usually make a big pitcher of cold brew iced tea (5 tea bags in 1/2 gallon) that lasts me about a week and sometimes I add a little milk to it. I don't really like sweet stuff and I've never been bothered by this brand.