Prednisone?

Rachel Cox

I have been on low dose florinef for a few months and just had to take a round of prednisone last week for something else. I was nervous, but also wondered if it might benefit the POTS and migraines long term.

I did start the first day with a tiny dose though, just to see if I could tolerate it. It was a 6 day course and I did ok, just had some insomnia a few nights. It did increase my appetite and one or two days I thought I felt better. Nothing lasting though.

Hi Rachel,

I took a low dose of cortisone for about 1 week (didn't really have any side effects) when my dr suspected adrenal insufficiency and now i'm on florinef (and deal with some side effects like occasional spikes in bp).

Steroids are a "nasty" little thing but they can be helping some people. I hope the prednisone will do the trick for you.

Good luck,

Alex

If you have never been on steroids before (prednisone), just be aware of potential side effects of irritability, difficulty sleeping, and excessive hunger. These are more likely with high dose than a low dose. Anytime I've been on a short round of steroids I have been grumpy, irritable, fidigity, and hungry! If it works for you, then it is worth it!

I had great symptom relief from high dose prednisone but had a severely bad reaction at the 2 weekmark and had to stop. We later tried low dose and did not get the same symptom relief. I felt it was worth the try and it did tell us that this type of treatment helps me...we just haven't found a replacement that I don't have side effects from.