Rathke Cyst pituity

diamondcut

Can i ask has anyone else had this show up on a scan.

I was told my mri with contrast was fine apart from a cyst i have called a Rathke cist, which in my notes said i have probably had since childhood.

I suffer from terrible migraines as i am always posting amongst all the usaul pots things. This is one of the top Nuerologist in the country so if he says it is not impacting on my pots or headaches, should i except this?

I know they are benign, but has anyone had this and it did interfer with their pos and headaches.

Many thanks

Just acknowledging your post. I don't know anything about it. Maybe, you can ask more questions and get your mind more settled about it. Hope it isn't significant. It doesn't seem right to have something in our brains that's not supposed to be there. I have a meningioma in my brain too and it's unsettling. So far, it's okay and not growing very much. So, docs aren't too worried about it.

Issie

This is what I read:

Symptoms of a Rathke’s cleft cyst:

Sometimes these cysts do not cause any symptoms, but can be seen on an MRI. The most common symptoms include:

• Headaches
  • Vision problems that cannot be easily explained
  • Mood swings or behavior changes
  • Weight change
  • Diabetes insipidus

but I found it here:

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neurology_neurosurgery/specialty_areas/pituitary_center/pituitary-tumor/types/rathkes-cleft-cysts.html