Please Help -- Need An Explanation Of Hormones!!!

Hoosierfan

Hummm, he didn't tell you that you would get worse before you get better? There is a sort of de-tox that happens. There is a lot of good info on the Internet about methylation pathways and how to get the function better. One person you can ask is Marti - she is on the Inspire forum and has started a thread line on there. She has some good info on the thread. She comes here some- but not as much any more.

Issie

I just realized that you weren't talking about the MTHFR protocol - but, the one to help with estrogen. Ha!Ha! Must be really tired tonight. So, disregard all that ---you don't have to worry about MTHFR or CBS. Did he say anything about COMT----that's got some significance for us Potsies ---I don't have that mutation however.

Issie

Has anyone found their hormones changing on antihistamines? The most obvious change for me has been that my cyclical pelvic pain has stopped since I started combining cetirizine and alimemazine, but now that I'm on the 10mg dose of alimemazine (we were splitting tablets before), I'm noticing that my basal temps are a bit high, and I'm on CD26 with no sign of ovulation yet (bit late for me). I did a bit of googling, and apparently antihistamines can sometimes cause amenorrhoea, as well as occasionally being reported to inhibit ovulation. My gynae was actually trying to stop my periods anyway, I had ten days on Noriday (a progestogen-only pill/mini-pill) in late July. You can see some of my charts here.