Discontinuing Florinef

Lemons2lemonade

I am considering weaning off of my florienf and am wondering if anyone has had experience with this. I am also wondering what to expect, as far as time to wean and symptoms during the process. If anyone has gone through this, please share! Thank you!

I was on florinef for about 8 months i think. I loved it until i started having side effects and had to stop. I stopped it cold turked and that was a very very bad idea! I would definitely recommend against just stopping! If you have been on it any legnth of time it can whammy your adrenal system.

I think the lowest dose is .1 right? I would see if there is a compounding pharmacy near you and ask your doc if you could have a rx for a compounded liquid (not sure if they can do it but id say its worth asking) that way you can slowly taper and allow your body to adjust as you go off it.

just remembered something... my doc said it can take a couple weeks to kick in when i started taking it, so i would guess it would take a couple weeks to level out after a drop in dose too... then see how you feel? give your body a chance to adjust for a while? before lowering again? ...

I weaned off twice- once in Feb for a 2 wk drug holiday, and then again in May- this time permanently. I'm quite sure I was losing my hair bc of it (although it may be a combination of drugs.). Now I'm on very few because I've developed pretty severe reactions to most chemicals/ meds.

When I did it I slowly decreased my dose over a two week period. In both instances I had no withdrawal effects.