Do Any Of You Suffer With Severe Scalp And Headache Pain That Makes Getting A Hair Cut Unbearable?

looneymom

My 12 year old son suffers from a daily persistent headache and his scalp is very tender to touch. He has a hard time shampooing his hair and hair cuts are unbearable.

If you have this problem, what makes it better or go away?

What's he like in terms of muscular tension in his back and shoulders? I find that the Miracle Ball Method is incredibly good for sorting that out. It's a medium soft ball the size of a grapefruit, you lie on it and do deep breathing, with optional exercises too, and then your muscles magically soften up around it. Far and away the best thing for unknotting muscles that I've encountered, and unlike massage, you can afford to do it every day so the effects last. If any of his headache is referred from lower down, that might help. Whtaever the cause of a headache, it's common for the nearby area to tense up as a reaction to the pain, and then that makes the headache worse so you're in a vicious circle. You've reminded me that I should go and plonk myself on the ball for fifteen minutes or so myself, I've woken up with migraine and was about to go back to bed with painkillers. I often put an audiobook on while I'm on the ball, so that I don't get too bored.

How long has this been going on for? Is he seeing any doctors for it? Have they checked out his diet, posture, that sort of thing? Has it been diagnosed as a specific type of headache, e.g. tension headache or cluster headache?

My daughter has this problem periodically when she is having a bad "flare". She will get a headache on one side of her head and she said that it hurts to touch or even move a piece of her hair. We have no idea what causes this. I guess it is just one of the many "mystery symptoms" that have yet to be explained.