Adrenaline Surges Have Changed? Anyone Else Experience This?

Katybug

My adrenaline surges used to be the full body surge. They felt like a tingly feeling was washing through my body. They were what I considered a "normal" surge to feel like...I just got them way more often and for no apparent reason compared to a healthy person.

Now, I don't get the feeling in the rest of my body (which of course is physiologically normal and healthy in order to have a fight/flight reaction). I only have the feeling in my head. And, it is very sharp and feels like an electric shock through my scalp and skull.

Has anyone else experienced a change in their surges to only part of their body? Does anyone else have their surge only in their head and feeling like an electric shock?

Hi,

Are you referring to brain zaps ? If so I used to get these. When I first got on the web in 2005, the

celiacs I met on celiac dot com said these were common for them. And like mine, they went away post gf.

I'm not sure tingling is from the adrenals. It sounds more like a response from an allergy to me.

Fwiw. My adrenaline surges are more intense than what you're describing. I get the feeling like I could and

should run up a mountain or two. For some reason, I woke up like this today and it's still with me. I rarely get

these.

Tc.. d

No these aren't brain zaps...I had brain zaps from coming off Lexapro. This is different. It is definitely from an adrenaline surge, it has just changed in nature. I didn't give a full description of how my full body surges used to feel. This is like my body is only shooting the adrenaline to my head/brain, instead of to my extremities. I know its adrenaline surges because when I should have an adrenaline response...like my cat darting under my foot and me almost falling...the surge goes to my head not my extremities like it used to. (My head feels like it should run for it but my limbs seem none reactive.) And yesterday, my dad was driving me someplace and he waited too long to hit the break and then had to slam them on and I wasn't sure if we were gonna stop in time...again the adrenaline went to my head but I didn't feel it in my limbs like I normally would. This also happens with the random surges that there is no good reason to have.