Scoliosis Surgery And Dysautonomia

Elenapap11

Scoliosis and Dysautonomia  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know that many people in this forum started having POTS symptoms after surgery.I have also noticed that a great number of us have scoliosis and i am wondering if this can be the main cause for autonomic syndromes.Has any of you discussed this with your doctor?If so, how can it be helped when problems occur from a nerve in the spine?

Thank you in advance for your time to answer the poll.

I don't have scoliosis, but my mom and two of my three children do. My mom did not have hers corrected and she is quite hunched. My children have very slight curves, but given my youngest had it diagnosed at age 2, we are watching her like a hawk. She has a lot of medical issues too so I am suspecting she may have problems with her ANS... they just can't connect those dots yet. I've brought it up with her neuro, her genetics doc, her pediatrician.... maybe some day they will listen.

On the surgery front, my POTS reactivated after a nasty gall bladder attack and then having surgery to remove it. I had several surgeries in between my initial diagnosis and the flare up return. Why this time? I don't know.