Help!

tpots

been sick all morning with digestive/diarrhea problems. Came out of bathroom about 30 minutes ago and tongue felt thick, difficulty saying words I wanted to say, throat felt a little tight, thought I might be having allergic reaction. Nothing is swelling, eyelids and lower part of both eyes started twitching along with right side of nostril. I'm not having a stroke, am thinking clearly, and can move tongue in and out. Can move body. Am feeling a little better, but still a little woozy. Is this a POTS symptom or something that others have experienced? I have felt the thick tongue before, and get twitching a lot, but never to this extent ~ almost called an ambulance.

Right before I developed POTS, or maybe it was the beginning, I had terrible stomach problems. Whenever I would get a severe bout of diarrhea, I would have pre-syncope feelings. I would get really hot and flushed, and then start feeling really foggy and like my heart was racing. It would continue for a while after, and then calm down. Recently, I had a horrible experience (in a dr's office) where I got a terrible stomach ache. Along with it, I thought that I was going to pass out in the dr's waiting room bathroom. I had to keep splashing myself with cold water to keep from losing consciuosness. I was sweating all over and my legs were shaking. Not the same symptoms as yours, but definitely pre-faint. The only thing I can tell you is that it passes. :)

tpots,

How are you feeling now? I think you would be justified in going in to get it checked out if you have not experienced this combination of symptoms before and it is still concerning you. Even if it ends up being just a Pots thing, there is no harm done. Either way, you could probably benefit from some hydration.

Hope you are feeling better soon...