Electrostimulation ,electrical Stimulation On Leg Muscle Pump

im haveing a realy hard time driveing, was lookig for a way to have the kind of muscle pump i get when i walk,

was thinking about trying electrical stimulation on my legs and abbs to see it it helps.

i found something on pubmed about the effect of electrical stimulation on leg muscle pump , i dont understand it.

can someone look this over and let me know if its saying it will help are not.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10985609

Hi Alan,

I believe electrostimulation of the leg muscles is supposed to help. I know it helped me. I have my own tens/ems unit and have used it while being bedridden - it's like exercising your legs without really exercising. It kept my muscles from wasting and I believe it also had a beneficial effect on my circulation as well.

i tried the tens unit on my upper body but did not particularly feel comfortable with the sensation so I stopped doing that.

I believe you can try such a device in a physiotherapy office, then you can decide for yourself. For me it made sense to buy my own unit as I was unable to drive at that time and was spending most days in bed.

Best,

Alex